Restored Metamask No coins are showing

Here a other one with this strange problem.
Can’t find my custom tokens any more on my imported account.
Filled all the good address tokens are added eth and bnb for gas fee.
Nothing there.
The imported key for that account has now a other wallet adres?

Same issue…the Account Address was no longer the same after recovery…please Metamask Suport, dont ignore us

1 Like

account address after recovery is not the same, 12 seed words are ok because i made a picture and re-checked several times.
Support us please

Hello jchutch41
Nine days ago I post on your wall with the same problem.
I have recovered my wallet with all the accounts and my small RARE bag.
This Is what I did.

The seed phrase is not working as we are logically thinking. The seed phrase is not a sort of logging. MM is not keeping any record of our accounts.
But the blockchain does.

All the steps below were done via Firefox/Addon.
I reinstall the app/addon (I use the same password).

You get a new account: Account1

Now, you can check that account address on Etherscan https://etherscan.io/ where you will find the transactions.

In my case, I had four or five accounts. I create, in the addon more New Accounts, and then check everyone on Etherscan until I find the one that was corresponding to my account in an NFT market and the one that was holding my RARE bag.

When you find your bag, on Etherscan you have to find the Transaction Address.
When you are in the Transaction address windows, you will find in the top right, three vertical dots.
Click there and, if everything is OK, you will have the option to “add to web3” (o something similar I don’t remember) bum! your bag will be added to your account.

Remember that the MM wallet has to be in the correct Network and correct account.

If you have an unusual Token, like me (RARE) you will have to do it manually.

To do it manually, check that you are in the correct account. Go to + Add Tokens > Custom Token and write the Token Address [the Transaction Address] that you will find on Etherscan. and bum your funds will be added to the Account Wallet. That’s it!

Later I managed to replicate it on the phone App.
The only thing I haven’t manage to replicate on the phone is to connect PancakeSwap with my MM wallet. I get “Provider error. No provider was found”. Any help with that appreciated.

Was not easy to find out all this. MM is not intuitive at all!
Remember Etherscan is your friend!

Good luck!

3 Likes

Thanks for this update gonna try it also! :sunglasses:

Hey Salvapost,

Ok this is awesome news and I am so happy you got your coins back.

Ok to do what you did I want to duplicate what you exactly did. I installed MM and the Firefox Addon.

Next I pick the “No I have a wallet already”. Then enter my old seed phrase which it accepted. it did not give me an option to enter my old password.

Then i Added my tokens to MM but no amounts appeared. What transaction addresses are you referring to? it is that tx address on Etherscan? If so how do you add to MM? Please help my friend. Thanks

| salvapost
May 13 |

• | - |

Hello jchutch41
Nine days ago I post on your wall with the same problem.
I have recovered my wallet with all the accounts and my small RARE bag.
This Is what I did.

The seed phrase is not working as we are logically thinking. The seed phrase is not a sort of logging. MM is not keeping any record of our accounts.
But the blockchain does.

All the steps below were done via Firefox/Addon.
I reinstall the app/addon (I use the same password).

You get a new account: Account1

Now, you can check that account address on Etherscan https://etherscan.io/ where you will find the transactions.

In my case, I had four or five accounts. I create, in the addon more New Accounts, and then check everyone on Etherscan until I find the one that was corresponding to my account in an NFT market and the one that was holding my RARE bag.

When you find your bag, on Etherscan you have to find the Transaction Address.
When you are in the Transaction address windows, you will find in the top right, three vertical dots.
Click there and, if everything is OK, you will have the option to “add to web3” (o something similar I don’t remember) bum! your bag will be added to your account.

Remember that the MM wallet has to be in the correct Network and correct account.

If you have an unusual Token, like me (RARE) you will have to do it manually.

To do it manually, check that you are in the correct account. Go to + Add Tokens > Custom Token and write the Token Address [the Transaction Address] that you will find on Etherscan. and bum your funds will be added to the Account Wallet. That’s it!

Later I managed to replicate it on the phone App.
The only thing I haven’t manage to replicate on the phone is to connect PancakeSwap with my MM wallet. I get “Provider error. No provider was found”. Any help with that appreciated.

Was not easy to find out all this. MM is not intuitive at all!
Remember Etherscan is your friend!

Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks for answer, i will try to do the same at home.

Hey jchuch41

Ok, I will try to help you, but I am not sure if I can replicate all the steps :wink:

Few aclaration/questions.

What are you using, browser addon or phone App?

You say "it did not give me an option to enter my old password”

When I did it, and I did several times to reinstall the Addon, was not a specific "old password” option. I just use my “old” password. I believe doesn’t matter…

When you say "Added my tokens to MM but no amounts appeared” Do you mean, you create New Accounts?

I have the same problem as all of you here and this seems to be a flaw in the program and for Metamask to ignore its users is disgraceful. Can we get a group together and see if we can find a solution somehow. If anyone has a solution already, please post here. Metamask NEEDS TO ADDRESS THIS NOW!

5 Likes

Did it work for you?

I have the same issue and Metamask need to address this flaw in their software. It’s disgraceful that they are not doing anything about it.

2 Likes

Hello Salvpost
Thanks for sharing your success with others.
I have same problems but not getting any help.
Please help me my friend
This is very worrying the support team can not help users
I look forward to your response
Thank you

Hello, I am working on it.
I cannot answer personally to all, sorry about that.
Anyway, don’t despair, if you have your seed phrase, you have your funds. They are in the Blockchain.

Thanks for your response
Really appreciate it

1 Like

Salvapost, are you representing Meta Mask? I have same issue as everyone here.

No, I am not representing MM, only myself :slight_smile:
Just happens that I also lost my wallet but I was able to get it back.
Find one of my posts and try to follow the steps.

Start with
Reinstall MM with your 12-word seed phrase. You can reinstallet many times.
It will create one empty account: account1. Do you remember how many account you have originally?
That account has a code, the Public Address.
Go to Etherscan or BscScan (that will depend on what tokens are you looking for) and search if that Public Address has some transactions. Eventually, you will recognize your transactions.
From there let me know.

Like I say to everyone, Etherscan is your friend.
If you have your 12-word seed phrase, you will find your funds. They are in the blockchain!
Anyway, was not easy. You will need some perserverance. Good luck!

2 Likes

You will need to find your private key string, not just your public address. If you didn’t put it down in the first place, good luck.

The issue with Pancake Swap only happens on mobile. Should work on laptop. Let me know if it did. Good luck.

Hello everyone. Let’s take this on Reddit as well. Only if we create some buzz, hopefully MetaMask will react and try to remediate the issue so we can all get our tokens back: https://www.reddit.com/r/Metamask/comments/napu7b/cannot_recover_account_inside_metamask_i_have/. They are making 200.000 usd a day but can’t spare a few to hire people for their Customer Service: MetaMask Is Earning $100,000 a Day in Ethereum Token Swap Fees - Decrypt

1 Like

I was able to get my wallet back without my private key string, which was not working.
Let’s not confuse “private key string” with the 12-word seed phrase.

1 Like