Restored Metamask No coins are showing

Hey Salvapost,

Ok this is awesome news and I am so happy you got your coins back.

Ok to do what you did I want to duplicate what you exactly did. I installed MM and the Firefox Addon.

Next I pick the “No I have a wallet already”. Then enter my old seed phrase which it accepted. it did not give me an option to enter my old password.

Then i Added my tokens to MM but no amounts appeared. What transaction addresses are you referring to? it is that tx address on Etherscan? If so how do you add to MM? Please help my friend. Thanks

| salvapost
May 13 |

• | - |

Hello jchutch41
Nine days ago I post on your wall with the same problem.
I have recovered my wallet with all the accounts and my small RARE bag.
This Is what I did.

The seed phrase is not working as we are logically thinking. The seed phrase is not a sort of logging. MM is not keeping any record of our accounts.
But the blockchain does.

All the steps below were done via Firefox/Addon.
I reinstall the app/addon (I use the same password).

You get a new account: Account1

Now, you can check that account address on Etherscan https://etherscan.io/ where you will find the transactions.

In my case, I had four or five accounts. I create, in the addon more New Accounts, and then check everyone on Etherscan until I find the one that was corresponding to my account in an NFT market and the one that was holding my RARE bag.

When you find your bag, on Etherscan you have to find the Transaction Address.
When you are in the Transaction address windows, you will find in the top right, three vertical dots.
Click there and, if everything is OK, you will have the option to “add to web3” (o something similar I don’t remember) bum! your bag will be added to your account.

Remember that the MM wallet has to be in the correct Network and correct account.

If you have an unusual Token, like me (RARE) you will have to do it manually.

To do it manually, check that you are in the correct account. Go to + Add Tokens > Custom Token and write the Token Address [the Transaction Address] that you will find on Etherscan. and bum your funds will be added to the Account Wallet. That’s it!

Later I managed to replicate it on the phone App.
The only thing I haven’t manage to replicate on the phone is to connect PancakeSwap with my MM wallet. I get “Provider error. No provider was found”. Any help with that appreciated.

Was not easy to find out all this. MM is not intuitive at all!
Remember Etherscan is your friend!

Good luck!

3 Likes