Restored Metamask No coins are showing

Same problem!!!
I was installing MM on another PC without too much success, my seed phrase was showing a new wallet. Went I open my MM on my laptop the Firefox Addon was not anymore there!!!
I have few accounts for different marketplaces, now I cannot recuperate any of my accounts in that wallet.

2 Likes

Hello John,

Any updates ?
I’ve decided to post about my experience here: About 60.000 USD worth of tokens stuck in liquidity pools due to MetaMask glitch
I will not stop until I get my tokens. I hope it helps other people in the same situation.

3 Likes

Nope no change. So pissed off. Metamask does not even consider they may have a flaw in their product. they said to me there is nothing they can do about this. They said they cannot help me anymore. What kind of response is this. Where do we complain about this. Its bull.

2 Likes

Guys i am also having the same issue! i wrote my seed phrase down in the order that it was giving to me and after i successfully accessed my account my tokens are gone and i have a different wallet address! i can see my transaction history and i can even see the original transaction on Etherscan but when i re-add the customs tokens nothing shows up! this is looks very fraudulent to me, who the hell do we report this to??

3 Likes

Im having exactly the same problem.

I was for some reason logged out of my metamask wallet on friday night. I saved my seed onto another phone. I put my seed phrase in and it sent me to another wallet with nothing in it and an incorrect address. I have checked my real address on bscscan and everything is still there. I have over $150k in there and I’m worried I’ve lost it all.

4 Likes

Like You guys, the same problem. I reported it to metamask but They didn’t even answer. It was few days ago. I tried everything but cant get to my first metamask adress. Hope someone wiser will find a solution…

2 Likes

Same issue here lol went to meta mask used seed phrase nothing… can find account on etherscan tho weird

2 Likes

I cannot understand for the life of me when you have alot of Metamask users with the same problem no one at Metamask can help at all. I can install the Metamask wallet enter my ORIGINAL seed phrase and it accepts it BUT with a new public address. This is NOT supposed to happen. There is a flaw within the MetaMask system and development when this happens. I have been in the space long enough to know how this works. I really hope someone at Metamask central tackles this problem because there are thousands of dollars from what I have read of the users with my same problem locked up in No mans land. This is so frustrating.

I can change cell phones and re-enter my seed phrase for other wallets and my crypto is still there. PLEASE check with your developers to see what is going on.
I really need my crypto back and I can still see it on Etherscan.

2 Likes

Merhaba az önce yorumları okudum ve aynı sorun benim başımda var ? lütfen yardım edin !
Benim hesabıma erişemedim yanlış şifre söyledi daha sonra vermiş oldugunuz 12 kelimelik kodu girip şifremi değiştirdim ama cüzdanım boş ne BNB ne de eteryum da bulunan coinlet geri geldi tuhaf olan hala gogle cromda pankekswp da metamask cüzdanım kayıtlı bnb lerim gözküyor ama cüzdanım bos. ayrıca bnb adresim değişik yani eski bnb adresim gözükmüyor yeniden özel netwrok ekleyince değişmiş olmaşıne yapmam lazım ?

1 Like

Gercekten saatlerdir metamask hesabının geri gelmesi için uğraşıyorum vermiş oldugunuz kelimeleri sırası ile girdim üzerine şifre değiştirdim ama cüzdanım boş…

1 Like

Sorunu çözen lütfen yardımcı olsun

1 Like

Here a other one with this strange problem.
Can’t find my custom tokens any more on my imported account.
Filled all the good address tokens are added eth and bnb for gas fee.
Nothing there.
The imported key for that account has now a other wallet adres?

2 Likes

Same issue…the Account Address was no longer the same after recovery…please Metamask Suport, dont ignore us

3 Likes

account address after recovery is not the same, 12 seed words are ok because i made a picture and re-checked several times.
Support us please

2 Likes

Hello jchutch41
Nine days ago I post on your wall with the same problem.
I have recovered my wallet with all the accounts and my small RARE bag.
This Is what I did.

The seed phrase is not working as we are logically thinking. The seed phrase is not a sort of logging. MM is not keeping any record of our accounts.
But the blockchain does.

All the steps below were done via Firefox/Addon.
I reinstall the app/addon (I use the same password).

You get a new account: Account1

Now, you can check that account address on Etherscan https://etherscan.io/ where you will find the transactions.

In my case, I had four or five accounts. I create, in the addon more New Accounts, and then check everyone on Etherscan until I find the one that was corresponding to my account in an NFT market and the one that was holding my RARE bag.

When you find your bag, on Etherscan you have to find the Transaction Address.
When you are in the Transaction address windows, you will find in the top right, three vertical dots.
Click there and, if everything is OK, you will have the option to “add to web3” (o something similar I don’t remember) bum! your bag will be added to your account.

Remember that the MM wallet has to be in the correct Network and correct account.

If you have an unusual Token, like me (RARE) you will have to do it manually.

To do it manually, check that you are in the correct account. Go to + Add Tokens > Custom Token and write the Token Address [the Transaction Address] that you will find on Etherscan. and bum your funds will be added to the Account Wallet. That’s it!

Later I managed to replicate it on the phone App.
The only thing I haven’t manage to replicate on the phone is to connect PancakeSwap with my MM wallet. I get “Provider error. No provider was found”. Any help with that appreciated.

Was not easy to find out all this. MM is not intuitive at all!
Remember Etherscan is your friend!

Good luck!

6 Likes

Thanks for this update gonna try it also! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey Salvapost,

Ok this is awesome news and I am so happy you got your coins back.

Ok to do what you did I want to duplicate what you exactly did. I installed MM and the Firefox Addon.

Next I pick the “No I have a wallet already”. Then enter my old seed phrase which it accepted. it did not give me an option to enter my old password.

Then i Added my tokens to MM but no amounts appeared. What transaction addresses are you referring to? it is that tx address on Etherscan? If so how do you add to MM? Please help my friend. Thanks

| salvapost
May 13 |

• | - |

Hello jchutch41
Nine days ago I post on your wall with the same problem.
I have recovered my wallet with all the accounts and my small RARE bag.
This Is what I did.

The seed phrase is not working as we are logically thinking. The seed phrase is not a sort of logging. MM is not keeping any record of our accounts.
But the blockchain does.

All the steps below were done via Firefox/Addon.
I reinstall the app/addon (I use the same password).

You get a new account: Account1

Now, you can check that account address on Etherscan https://etherscan.io/ where you will find the transactions.

In my case, I had four or five accounts. I create, in the addon more New Accounts, and then check everyone on Etherscan until I find the one that was corresponding to my account in an NFT market and the one that was holding my RARE bag.

When you find your bag, on Etherscan you have to find the Transaction Address.
When you are in the Transaction address windows, you will find in the top right, three vertical dots.
Click there and, if everything is OK, you will have the option to “add to web3” (o something similar I don’t remember) bum! your bag will be added to your account.

Remember that the MM wallet has to be in the correct Network and correct account.

If you have an unusual Token, like me (RARE) you will have to do it manually.

To do it manually, check that you are in the correct account. Go to + Add Tokens > Custom Token and write the Token Address [the Transaction Address] that you will find on Etherscan. and bum your funds will be added to the Account Wallet. That’s it!

Later I managed to replicate it on the phone App.
The only thing I haven’t manage to replicate on the phone is to connect PancakeSwap with my MM wallet. I get “Provider error. No provider was found”. Any help with that appreciated.

Was not easy to find out all this. MM is not intuitive at all!
Remember Etherscan is your friend!

Good luck!

3 Likes

Thanks for answer, i will try to do the same at home.

1 Like

Hey jchuch41

Ok, I will try to help you, but I am not sure if I can replicate all the steps :wink:

Few aclaration/questions.

What are you using, browser addon or phone App?

You say "it did not give me an option to enter my old password”

When I did it, and I did several times to reinstall the Addon, was not a specific "old password” option. I just use my “old” password. I believe doesn’t matter…

When you say "Added my tokens to MM but no amounts appeared” Do you mean, you create New Accounts?

1 Like

I have the same problem as all of you here and this seems to be a flaw in the program and for Metamask to ignore its users is disgraceful. Can we get a group together and see if we can find a solution somehow. If anyone has a solution already, please post here. Metamask NEEDS TO ADDRESS THIS NOW!

4 Likes