Restored Metamask No coins are showing

Did it work for you?

1 Like

I have the same issue and Metamask need to address this flaw in their software. It’s disgraceful that they are not doing anything about it.

2 Likes

Hello Salvpost
Thanks for sharing your success with others.
I have same problems but not getting any help.
Please help me my friend
This is very worrying the support team can not help users
I look forward to your response
Thank you

1 Like

Hello, I am working on it.
I cannot answer personally to all, sorry about that.
Anyway, don’t despair, if you have your seed phrase, you have your funds. They are in the Blockchain.

1 Like

Thanks for your response
Really appreciate it

3 Likes

Salvapost, are you representing Meta Mask? I have same issue as everyone here.

1 Like

No, I am not representing MM, only myself :slight_smile:
Just happens that I also lost my wallet but I was able to get it back.
Find one of my posts and try to follow the steps.

Start with
Reinstall MM with your 12-word seed phrase. You can reinstallet many times.
It will create one empty account: account1. Do you remember how many account you have originally?
That account has a code, the Public Address.
Go to Etherscan or BscScan (that will depend on what tokens are you looking for) and search if that Public Address has some transactions. Eventually, you will recognize your transactions.
From there let me know.

Like I say to everyone, Etherscan is your friend.
If you have your 12-word seed phrase, you will find your funds. They are in the blockchain!
Anyway, was not easy. You will need some perserverance. Good luck!

4 Likes

You will need to find your private key string, not just your public address. If you didn’t put it down in the first place, good luck.

1 Like

The issue with Pancake Swap only happens on mobile. Should work on laptop. Let me know if it did. Good luck.

2 Likes

Hello everyone. Let’s take this on Reddit as well. Only if we create some buzz, hopefully MetaMask will react and try to remediate the issue so we can all get our tokens back: https://www.reddit.com/r/Metamask/comments/napu7b/cannot_recover_account_inside_metamask_i_have/. They are making 200.000 usd a day but can’t spare a few to hire people for their Customer Service: MetaMask Is Earning $100,000 a Day in Ethereum Token Swap Fees - Decrypt

3 Likes

I was able to get my wallet back without my private key string, which was not working.
Let’s not confuse “private key string” with the 12-word seed phrase.

3 Likes

I just was reading your topic on reddit… I come back on it also soon.
Now I am importing more then 300 new accounts under account 1 to find my address maby in there.

2 Likes

This is insane to go through all of this. Honestly. All my wallets can get recovered with the seed phrase without an issue and my coins are in there. This MM wallet is an incredible product BUT to go through Etherscan and numerous steps is nuts.

3 Likes

Today I used this program and had put in 6000 new wallet address than can be created under your recovery phrase… Maby you can at 100000 I stopt with 6000
No adress match my missing adress?!

1 Like

I will redeem you 1 ETH ( yes, one Ethereum token) if you manage to get back my MetaMask wallet. We can do it on Skype or Google meet. Let me know.

2 Likes

You mean to say you manually added 6000 new accounts ?! Or you used some app ? If the latter, please forward. Thank you.

3 Likes

Hello @crismartinus Vr6 used this tool:
https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058120992-My-Seed-Phrase-Secret-Recovery-Phrase-restored-the-wrong-account

2 The account you are missing was a secondary account created under the Seed Phrase / Secret Recovery Phrase you currently have.

To check if that is the case, use https://danfinlay.github.io/mnemonic-account-generator/ to generate 10 to 100 accounts and check if the missing accounts are in that list.

2 Likes

Yeah, thanks mate. Do you think I didn’t have enough pressing buttons on my laptop to generate 200 new accounts with no luck ?! We’ve got better things to do, don’t you think ?!
Thank you.

2 Likes

@crismartinus Yeah hehe yes :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: but this tool: https://github.com/danfinlay/mnemonic-account-generator/archive/refs/heads/master.zip

generate 1000 and more ETH address in 3 - 4 minutes :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: very good for search your ETH address…

2 Likes

Let’s say I find it this way. And then ? What am I supposed to do with it ?
Thank you.

2 Likes