The seed phrase has not been restored to my original account

hi, Im in talks with MetaMask support and the agent wants me to give my seed on a locally stored mnemonic account generator… is this legit? I dont want to give my seed out

danfinlay. github. io/ mnemonic-account-generator/

Hi, It is suggested on the MetaMask Knowledge Base docs as well. Please refer to the following link, point number 2.

It is further suggested that “For greatest security, only use on a computer you fully trust.
Ideally, use on a computer that is not connected to the internet, and never will be.”

4 Likes

how can I find a comp that will never be connected to the Internet??

Hi @BT1 ,

Check out air-gapping. Here is an article to get you started.

1 Like

Another way to get yourself a layer of security is a hardware wallet. They are affordable, and highly recommended. They’re basically an extra set of keys.

If you buy a physical device like Ledger or Trezor it is recommended that you only buy directly from the companies and not a 3rd party sales distributer. Research all options to see what you like best.

1 Like

It is suggested for those who may have the option, and it is not mandatory. For example, I have an old laptop which I am not using it. If I were at a similar situation, I would use that laptop which is not connected to the internet either.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.