Wallet adress change with same seed cod and every thing lost

I have to look it up also tommorow…
Don’t fall for any admins in here with links to connect old wallet address to new wallet adres
All scammers… Happend to me yesterday.
No luck for him with me… Lol

2 Likes

I keep you updated!
Let’s hope we find a solution.

2 Likes

I wrote to help desk, we need to be patient, 7 days long time to answer us:

We are experiencing longer than usual wait times, it may take up to 7 days until getting a reply. If you need a resolution immediately, please utilize the self help resources below.

Community Support: https://community.metamask.io/

Support articles: https://support.metamask.io/

Learn about Ethereum: Community guides and resources | ethereum.org

There are an ever increasing number of phishers on other sites pretending to be MetaMask Support. Please do NOT seek support for MetaMask outside of our official email contact, and our (community forum link). MetaMask does NOT offer support on twitter, telegram, reddit, Instagram, facebook, etc, and anyone identifying as a support tech or independent support tech trying to help should be blocked and reported immediately. Metamask Support will NEVER ask for your seed phrase or private key, nor will we send links asking you to “validate” or “synchronize” your wallet using your seed phrase. We understand that it may take a while for us to reply due to high request volumes, but please be patient and do NOT seek help in these outside channels.

Best,
MetaMask Support

4 Likes

Let us know if it works. Good luck

2 Likes

Got the same message on 30 April and still haven’t heard from them. Binance Users Say Their Accounts Have Been Frozen for Months. All good, but when will they write the same article about MetaMask ?! Should we try and reach Coindesk ?

1 Like

You can check on etherscan with imputing your account address. It will show probably it’s still in there

1 Like

lets to pray a little bit, still nothing to say you.

2 Likes

Hi everybody, any answer yet.

1 Like

@alcuemar I think this Knowledge Base article will answer your question. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

1 Like

I’ve read this article and it does not address the problem that I have. I never created a private and and restore my wallet with my seed words. Hopefully, there is a solution because there are a lot of frustrated users. Not sure why this problem was never addressed all these years.

2 Likes

So far I tried…
1.Importing 225 new accounts to check if my old adres is maby in there. (nothing!
2.trying to change my seed phrase in differ order when installing wallet.
I am sure that I wrote it down good.
So… Noting.
3.after installing phrase and added private key from imported account and added bsc chain en bnb etc added adres token nothing.
4.installed private key what I had stored as back up from account 2 what was connected to wallet 1.
This key must be the address where I am looking for.
Adres different so nothing!
5. So I thought maby I wrote the backup key account 2 misspelled on paper.
So I changed 1 for 1 one letters or number I thought maby wrong.
I can generate multiple accounts from one key to change 1 number or letter and at to wallet.
So i could make around six new address from one key to change a little and put other number back.
No luck…
But it made me think… If you misspelled one number with a backup key from a imported key account you loose connection to your funds maby?
And iff you think you put in the good key because it’s accepted in metamask with a green arrow it could be that you misspelled one number but still metamask thinks is good.
So you think also it’s good… But mean while you had put in a diffenrt key.
So check your key and phrase for 1000% is the right one and in good order 1…till number 12.
6. Trying pc and fire fox and metamask extension and all the things above… No luck.
7. Installed trust wallet… Imported the phrase and keys… Wallet connected fine but not the good address still.
8. After six days and nights I almost on the end of options.

9.contacted help desk after installing the app around 30 times … :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Keep this post updated till we find our coins back!
Enjoy your weekend all.

3 Likes

Thanks for working so hard on it. Unfortunately, many of us are stuck and I have my coins stuck and many missed opportunities. It is truly negligent of Metamask to allow this design flaw to continue after all these years. I hope they come back to us with an answer that works. Good luck.

4 Likes

Do you know if any of the Telegram “Official Metamask Support” is real? One of them has over a million members and another has 191,000 members! I think these have been created by bots…

2 Likes

I am in the same boat. I went to go into my Meta Mask account and there was a pop-up stating that there was a storage limit error with a button to reset account. Being cautious that it may be a scam, I did not click and go through that pop up but rather restored my MM wallet on another device using 12 word secret phrase. MM wallet came up but with new address and none of my coins. I did custom add the coin contracts and while they were added, all wallets empty. I too checked etherscan with old wallet address and everything appears in tact. So relief there, but that does me no good without access. I’m with everyone here. Beyond disappointed with this product at the moment. Sure hope MM developers are truly on this and MM committed to taking care of this asap. MM customer service if you are here, please update us.

3 Likes

I am in the same boat and thanks for reaching out to me. I hope Metamask provides a solution for us being stuck without access to our coins. I did open a ticket with MM support and if I hear again, I’ll let you know. Good luck.

3 Likes

I had this exact thing happen to me. Storage Limit so it logged me out! Have been to scared to try log back in? Do you think it makes a difference if you use a new device to log back in with your seed phrase? Or is it best to log back in on the same device?

1 Like

sfjunkometa, So I just followed one of the “fixes” posted on this page and to my surprise, it worked! Like many here, when I restored my MM account, using the right 12-word secret phrase, it accepted it and up came an account, but with a new address and none of my coins. :confused:

FIX: I went to the upper left area within my Meta Mask app/newly restored wallet on IPad (might be located differently on desk top) where there are 3 horizontal lines. I clicked on “account” and then at the bottom, clicked “Create New Account” and boom. Up came an “Account 2” which held held my original address. I had to open it and “custom add” the tokens I had and once I did, the balances appeared. Might be worth a shot if you haven’t tried this. Holy heart attack. Good luck, buddy and everyone else else here!

3 Likes

I don’t know if it matters. I was afraid it might be a scam so I did not go through pop-up on mobile app about storage issue but rather restored/imported wallet on another device using 12-word seed phrase. See fix I found below. I know, it’s scary. Better on other side.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know. I did do this and went through 10 “Create New Account” and none of them contained my original address. I’ll check again.

1 Like

Happy for you that you have found your coins back!
I have also created 225 new imported accounts all ready haha…lol
Non of them had the good adres.
I have to wait for support… Out of options. :roll_eyes:

1 Like