Wallet adress change with same seed cod and every thing lost

I have a similar problem. Three weeks ago, everything worked fine. Then, my ETH balance showed zero in MEW, but was correct in MetaMask. At the same time, my other coins all showed up in MEW but would not appear in MetaMask. I checked Etherscan with my MEW address and everything looks intact. Last night I tried restoring MetaMask with my seed phrase and ended up with an entirely new wallet, and somehow ended up with a new MEW wallet now with a different address. I rechecked Etherscan and everything is still there. When I tried using the link to contact Metamask support, I received a fast response wanting me to enter my recovery phrase to fix the problem, which I DID NOT do. Now I canā€™t see my old MEW wallet and do not know where to go for help. If anyone has an idea, it looks like there are several of us with the same problem. Thanks!

1 Like

Still waiting for help desk answer back in my problem.
Same as u haveā€¦ :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

no further asssistant, any solution yet

1 Like

I encounter similar problems. Wanted to re-install metamask with 12 words seed phrase, and a new address came out with 0 balance. My seed phrase has been checked through the vault decryptor procedure so I am 100% sure of it. adding additionnal account does not help. I wrote to Metamask support but no reply yet

3 Likes

I encountered the same problem as you. Please help

1 Like

Solved ! There was a confusion between my MM seed phrase and my LEDGER seed phrase.
I restore the LEDGER seed phrase on Metamask and I got back my wallet.

The seed phrase code (12 or 24 words) is the most important thing. With this you can restore from any wallet. For the newbees, I would suggest to run multiple tests with empty wallet, switch from MM to Binance wallets for example. This would avoid 48h of frightness.

To sum up your seed phrase is the LINK between the blockchain and you. Metamask is just a bridge.

thanks to all

1 Like

Happy you found it back!
I am still waiting for a answer from help desk almost two weeks now.
I have the right seed phrase but non tokens yet.
Tried everything so far.
:confused:

2 Likes

Hello guys, Iā€™m curious if someone has contacted you already and have you found a solution to this problem? Unfortunately, the same thing happened to me, after recovering the wallet using the seed phrase, metamask created a completely new wallet for me and unfortunately I lost access to the old one which is very important to me. I reported the problem to metamask support but I donā€™t have any answer yetā€¦. I will be grateful for your response.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your situation. Have you had a chance to check out this article?
https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015489271-How-to-add-missing-accounts-after-restoring-with-Seed-Phrase-Secret-Recovery-Phrase

1 Like

Hello
My seed phrase was wrong !
When I entered the right seed phrase, it all went back again

Is was as simple as that !
Good luck

3 Likes

Hi, did you find the solution to this problem already? Unfortunately, I have exactly the same problem and I have no idea how to solve itā€¦

1 Like

Still no luckā€¦ Tried every single thing that good went wrong Maby.
:sob:

1 Like

Hi @Goomer1611 i have exactly the same problem here. Is yiur problem resolved? Pls help me. What steps did you do?

1 Like

Any progression with regards from metamaskā€™s support?

1 Like

Hi, I have in my Wallet 2 accounts, or 2 public addresses, the first one is the one it gave by default and the second one I created to use in the BSC network. Yesterday I had problems on my cell phone and needed to reinstall the app. I entered the 12 words, and as usual, it showed me only the default address, I registered the Binance Network, and following the recommendations, I gave it create, so I could recover the second public address, I did it 1, 2, 3 up to 26 times and it still does not show me the Public Address that I had originally. IT IS NOT AN IMPORTED ACCOUNT. It is original from the same wallet. I am entering the seed in the correct order and form, I check to avoid possible errors, and still nothing. I canā€™t get the second account to appear, I check Bscscan and there I can see my public address, with its balance, but I canā€™t see it in Metamask. It is the account I have to enter PlanVsUndead. I wrote to metamask support, but they claim it is impossible for this to happen, but it is happening to me!!!, and I read that I am not the only person with this situation, but metamask does not respond and does not seem to take reports seriously. Can you help me?

Metamask does not respond, because they claim, they are lies, or it is false what we say, apparently their algorithms are INFALLIBLE, they think so, because there are many of us with the same problem and still nothing, I have already generated more than 60 accounts, trying to show me the old one, where I have the funds, crazy.
I have already tried this:

The account you are missing was a secondary account created under the Secret Recovery Phrase you currently have.
To check if that is the case, use https:// danfinlay. github. io/ mnemonic-account-generator/ to generate 10 to 100 accounts and check if the missing accounts are in that list.

I generated up to 10000 accounts, by this the suggestion, and still the account I am looking for is not showing up, no one responds on Metamask, what I have done is because other members of this community have posted suggesting, but Metamask DOES NOT RESPOND.

3 Likes

No its not real.

MetaMask does not offer support on telegram.

Can you share this telegram group so we can take it down?

1 Like

In view of the fact that Metamask Support is not responding, and keeps us on the verge of despair. Searching in the networks I found this information https: // blockmit . com /guias /variadas /generar-semillas-bip39-con-dados/ I read and applied what he recommended (following the advice, offline) and I have been generating, more quickly, the accounts, this program generates the public address and even the private address, matches the accounts that I was creating in my wallet, I still do not find the public address I am looking for (with this system I have generated more than 60 thousand, and nothing). I will keep insisting. If you want to try your luck, letā€™s see if you can find a solution. It is simple to useā€¦ Generate a random mnemonic 12 or 24 words, just indicate the amount of words of your seed, in my case it is 12, BIP39 Mnemonic : place the seed phrase (12 words), Coin : select the currency, in our case ETH, and wait for the wallet to be generated, by default there are 20, but you can request to generate more, I have been generating from 10 thousand to 10 thousand. The page will show you a list of 4 columns, including the public address and the private address (which is what we need to import the account). IMPORTANT : you must use this page offline, and if possible on a computer that is not yours, it is recommended. As I told you, I still canā€™t find my lost public address, the others appear, but I keep trying. Do it at your own risk and discretion, if you manage to get what you are looking for, I recommend to withdraw your currency and leave that account. This is the Link https: // bip39 . net

Good Luck

1 Like

did they solve your problem?I have same problem and canā€™t find anything help

2 Likes

Been trying for a week now.

Reinstalled the Metamask extension and still trying to figure out how to retrieve my old account.

I have the phrase ready, however itā€™s not connecting with the same account address, Money is still in ETHSCAN and BSCscan. tried all options.

Waiting for support to actually support.

watched a million videos online but no help as of now. If anyone got the solution, please hook it up!

2 Likes

@footballer only restoring old :point_right: Vault Data will help you :slightly_smiling_face: but itā€™s not easy.

You can try for example program PreviousFilesRecovery or ShadowExplorerā€¦

Good luck :crossed_fingers:

1 Like